It’s October and Carter turned 2 in August…I’m a little behind! Even more so because I didn’t even do an official “you are 2 years old!” shoot…I’m sure he will forgive me. 🙂 It’s still a little crazy that I have a 2 year old and one on the way. I was telling Seth one day that this time next year we will have a 3 year old and an almost 1 year old…ahhh!!!! That just seems so crazy!!
Carter has grown quite the personality the past several months. Not going to lie, we are definitely in the “terrible two’s” stage BUT I know that for the most part, he’s a good kid. Have you ever heard of those Sour Patch Kids? “First they’re sour, then they’re sweat”? Yep…He’s just super ornery. I’m going to try to update with things that he can do now, but my brain has been so fried lately (#truth) that I KNOW I won’t be able to list all of them. So here we go…
1) Carter can count to 10 by himself for the most part. He loves to skip numbers 1, 6 & 7 though lol
2) He still loves to be outside playing
3) He’s still pretty independent and now will vocalize that he doesn’t need your help i.e. “no!”
4) Speaking of “no”, that’s his favorite word to say right now. Still working on how to get him to stop…if you have any advice besides getting on to him all day, please share! 🙂
5) He knows the color green (John Deer…)
6) I still say he’s going to be my broken bone child. This kid has no fear when it comes to things that could hurt him.
7) He’s still working potty training which has been a process. Why can’t kids just spend a week doing it and then be done?! He has his good days and his bad. It doesn’t help that we’ve been super busy lately and haven’t been able to really focus on pushing it though. 🙁 Hopefully it’ll happen soon…
8) He’s still sleeping in his crib because I don’t really know why. He’s been climbing out for months and months so it’s not a huge deal to switch him. Although I’m nervous because this kid rolls so much when he sleeps I’m afraid he will have trouble staying in bed.
9) He loves to help if you let him.
10) Choo choo’s, Curious George, Cows, Elmo etc. all still favorites of his 🙂
In a nut shell, raising a two year old is hard, emotionally draining, patience testing, but fun. He’s my favorite little man and I can’t wait to watch him be a big brother!